Tuesday, February 20, 2007

When I Went Out Walking

I found myself in need of getting out of the house today, not because anything is wrong, but because I was getting a little stir-crazy. So, I ran some errands and went to the park to go walking. There's a nice trail there, and it has a lot of little wooden bird houses along the way. On a whim, I decided to look inside one of them. Imagine my surprise when I found a SNAKE in there!! I swear I did not scream, but I must confess to jumping a bit. Thankfully, it didn't move, or I'm sure I would have jumped right out of my skin, or else gotten bitten right on the nose, or maybe both! So, that was my startle for the day.

I wonder, was it the aftermath of a sad story of a snake eating baby birds, or did somebody kill a snake and stick it in there as a joke on unsuspecting travelers such as myself?

1 comment:

Kim said...

You'd never see me in that park again. They may have sent out a snake search party looking for him!