Friday, May 06, 2005

Quotes of the Day

This a great website that sends out a daily email with seven or so great quotes every single day. You can also search their database of over 20,000 quotes. I've been a subscriber for quite a while, and it's great for people like me who love quotes of all types, whether cheesy one-liners or eloquent inspirations. Here's an amusing one that came today. It's from Orson Welles, of all people.

"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed; they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock!"

:-) :-) :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is an interesting quote :) And that's a great site. I think I'll have to subscribe too, as I love reading different quotes :)