Monday, January 23, 2006

Hockey Game

I went to a game of the Houston Aeros Saturday night. I hadn't been to a hockey game before, so I decided to try it. It was fun, but not as fun as baseball games. It was interesting that even though hockey is a fast-moving, intense game, it can actually get a little boring. It's all kind of the same the whole time. It was exciting when our team got a goal, though! It was also amazing to see how fast the players were.

Hockey is also so violent. The game I saw was actually quite tame, but it still had one small fight, one broken stick, and two injured players. I think you have to be more than a little crazy to be a hockey player.

One thing I never could figure out is why on earth do hockey fans ring cow bells?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I never saw the appeal in watching hockey on tv, but I think it would be a lot of fun to see a game in person!

And cow bells? That does sound rather odd.