Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Unforgettable Business Trip

I went on a business trip last weekend. I had been excited about it because it was for a conference being held at a nice resort. On the way, though, the trip turned into a sort of nightmare when I got stuck in a traffic jam and then my car broke down at a traffic light at 10:30 at night. To make a long story short, the next couple of hours involved several phone calls home, a passerby trying unsuccessfully to push the car, a tow truck, a stop at a hotel that was booked, a cab ride to another hotel, and finally, a collapse into bed. I was able to rent a car the next morning, even though it was Sunday, and go the rest of the way, and my heroic father came with a tow dolly to haul my busted car back to Houston for potentially major transmission repairs.

Whew! It was all very stressful, but I'm thankful that I wasn't in the middle of nowhere when I broke down. I was also very blessed that everyone I had to deal with was friendly and apparently trustworthy. God was watching out for me!

Once I finally made it to the conference, everything went better. I even got some time to walk around the grounds, which were beautiful. Here are a few pictures:



A concrete path with metal inlays.



The view from my window.


It's set up wrong!



One of the lights along the garden path.



No comments: