- The activity that burns the least calories is ice fishing at 118 calories. I'm wondering if you could burn more if you didn't wear such a warm coat and shivered more.
- The activity for burning the most calories is, alas, running. I should have known. They say that if you run 10.9 mph (that's fast enough for a 5.5 minute mile) and keep it up for an hour, you'll burn an incredible 1062 calories! Please note that I will not be held responsible for any emergency room visits or funeral expenses incurred by those who actually try this.
- Running up the stairs, my mother's favorite form of exercise (translated: torture), burns 885 calories.
- I also found it interesting that hacky-sack burns the same number of calories as sweeping the garage and almost as many as down-hill skiing. Let the game begin!
- The most strenuous musical instrument is (surprise) the drums.
- Walking with crutches burns more calories than walking while carrying a 15-pound baby. There's no word on how many calories you burn if you walk with crutches while carrying a baby, but please don't try it.
- Also noteworthy is that taking an aerobics class burns the same number of calories as teaching an aerobics class. Wow.
- Oh, and for you daredevils, ski-jumping burns 413 calories, but only if you climb the hill carrying your skis. Is this a joke?