Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Coming Soon, To A Corner Near Me

This has created no small amount of excitement at my office. In case you can't quite tell, yes, it's a Starbucks. It's only about two blocks down the street, and everybody has feelings both of excitement and of concern about what this will do to their pocket books and their caffeine addictions. Hmmmmm, we'll have to see. For my part, I don't care that much because I only enter Starbucks about once a month, and that's always for a tall decaf mocha frappucino with no whipped cream. Ordering it is half the fun, by the way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Starbucks, but it's way too expensive to go often. I've never tried a frappuccino, though I'd like to sometime. I usually get a Café Mocha, which is very good.

Kim said...

We are counting down the days here, Katie! Iced decaf lattes RULE....they are the perfect drinks to beat the TX heat!

Justin Kelly said...

And who can pass on a Peppermint mocha frappuccino in the middle of December!

BTW, Decaf is NOT real coffee

Katie said...

I agree that iced coffee drinks are just the thing for hot Texas days, although I sometimes find fruity drinks to be more refreshing.

Justin, what's not "real" about decaf? It's made from REAL coffee beans isn't it? If the goal is coffee flavor, then it certainly qualifies, and if the goal is a caffeine high, then you might as well drink red bulls. They have even more caffeine!

On the other hand, I heard one time that cowboys on the frontier said the coffee wasn't ready until you could stand a horseshoe up in it.

Justin Kelly said...

IT'S OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray for us!