Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dance Fanatics

Our Romanian performance went really well last weekend. Here we are (all but two of us) backstage right before we went on.
We were a little concerned because we'd had a pretty bad rehearsal earlier in the afternoon, but the performance went very well. I guess it's true what they say: "Bad rehearsal, good performance." There was a Romanian dance instructor in the audience, and he complimented us afterward and said he was very impressed. That meant a lot, coming from him! There were a bunch of really good dance groups who performed in the show, so it was a lot of fun.

That Romanian teacher and also a Bulgarian teacher did dance workshops on Saturday, which John and I really enjoyed. There were some great dances, including several dynamite ones. (Translation of "dynamite": leaves you breathless and sweaty.)

There was quite a change of pace on Sunday afternoon when we got to do some English Country Dancing. I felt like I was in Pride and Prejudice! It was nice, but I didn't like it as well as other types of dancing. It was a little too elegant and slow. If I had lived a couple of hundred years ago, I think I would have been better off as a low-class citizen!

We arrived home and told our family all about our time. That's when the word "fanatic" came up. Who, us? fanatics?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun! :) And that must have been encouraging, coming from another dance instructor.