Monday, September 04, 2006

Answers

At the suggestion of my mother, I'm now giving the answers to all the questions I asked on Friday. After having the weekend to calm down and think things over, here's what I have so far:

Why do I have a crushing feeling that I must prove myself successful to people who seem to be counting on my failure? Because I don't want people to think I'm a loser, which is based on pride, but on the other hand, I'm really not a loser and shouldn't think of myself that way.
What is success anyway? It's being obedient to whatever God calls you to do.
If you try something and fail, does it mean you never should have started? Not at all. Experience is always valuable, and we have no way of knowing how God will use our efforts and experiences in ways we may never see.
Why do people seem to think that because I'm trying several things at once I'm aimless and don't know what I want? Because they don't have the whole picture and may jump to conclusions. But it doesn't really matter that much.
How come it backfires when I tell people only the part of my story they need to know? Same thing, too much jumping to conclusions. It's often just miscommunication.
Do I really have to share all my ideas and ambitions with everybody, especially when I know they won't like it? I shouldn't feel like I have to share things I'm not comfortable sharing, but I also shouldn't be afraid to share my ideas just because people may not like it.
How can I stop caring so much what people think? Just do it! (with the Lord's help, of course)
Isn't it a good thing to get out of my comfort zone and push myself to try something that doesn't necessarily come naturally? Absolutely. How else will I learn and grow? Besides, almost everyone who goes against the flow faces naysayers.
Why does everyone seem to be so wrapped up in how much money a person makes? That mentality has completely taken over our culture, and even most believers have been sucked in.
Why can't I think of all the stuff I want to say until after the opportunity is gone? Maybe I just have insufficient cleverness, or maybe if I stopped caring so much about what people were thinking about me, I could think more clearly and be able to articulate better. I think I need to practice.

No comments: