Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Goodbye, Astroworld

For those of you who don't live in Houston or haven't been paying attention, :-) Astroworld will officially close its doors at the end of October. Apparently, the rising land value and declining attendance have made it foolish for the owners to not sell the property. Now, I'm not one to be nostalgic about amusement parks, or anything for that matter, but it is a bit sad since the park has been a Houston fixture for so long. I've actually only been there once, and it wasn't the best experience. I rode five roller coasters in a row, including the Texas cyclone which I thought was going to kill me. After that, I ate a bit of lunch, went on a combination swinging/spinning ride, then promptly threw up in a bush. Oh, yeah, that was fun. When I got home that night, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck! My mother said, "And you paid money for this?!?!"

As my father is fond of saying: "Too soon old, too late smart."

No comments: