Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Memorable Sayings

I’ve decided it would be fun to collect memorable quotes I hear around my house. I hope I don’t get in too much trouble with my family for this! Here’s what I have so far.


"You better get out of here, Seth! I’m gonna take my shirt off!" -Becca, trying to get Seth out of the bathroom.

"Your gift hurts my Adam’s apple." –John, with a gift from our grandparents. It was a Galileo thermometer, a liquid filled glass tube with little globes inside that go up and down as the temperature changes. John had the tube inside his shirt hoping to warm it up enough to get the globes to move.

"I need music!" -Anna, twirling around the house in a new skirt.

"You look like you’re singing to a firing squad." –Ok, that was me telling John what I thought of his unfestive expression during the church choir concert.

"Laura, get out of the manger!" -Becca, during the impromptu dress rehearsal for the family Christmas play.

"You look like an Israeli clown." –Anna, commenting on Seth’s first try at his costume during the above-mentioned dress rehearsal.


Stay tuned for more words of wisdom and family love to be published at some undetermined future date, such as after I get out of the doghouse.

1 comment:

Miss Liss said...

That is so funny, Katie! My family says stuff like that at times, too...:)
Always,
Melissa