Saturday, December 03, 2005

Merry Holidays, Happy Christmas

I think it's frustrating that "Merry Christmas" seems to be going out of popularity. "Happy Holidays" and "Season's Greetings" are so watered down and generic. Everybody tries so hard to be politically correct, and something gets lost whenever that happens. We've gotten one Christmas card so far this year at work, and it's blue with foil snowflakes and the words, "Season's Greetings." I hope we get some more soon that aren't so lifeless.

On the other hand, I must admit that I actually bought Christmas cards this year that don't say "Merry Christmas." They look like this: and on the inside, they say, "Hathy Holidayth." They were just too cute and funny to pass up. I was laughing out loud in the bookstore when I saw them! I guess I'll just have to write "Merry Christmas" inside.

Hey, how about that! I just posted a Christmas card on my blog for everyone to see. I could save a lot of stamps this way! OK, so maybe that's a little tacky.

No comments: