Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Pistachios!!!!!!!!!???

WARNING: TODAY'S POST MIGHT BE A BIT EDUCATIONAL.

Last night, I was leafing through a catalog while eating pistachios. I decided it was dangerous to eat little things while reading because there's no stopping. It was a little distressing to see how many of those nuts I'd eaten. I obviously ate too many, because my brain turned nutty, and I started thinking of all kinds of questions relating to pistachios. Scary.

Are pistachios good for you?

Are there any specific health benefits to eating pistachios?

How are pistachios processed?

Do the shells split naturally? and what do the pistachio flowers look like?

What's the salty powdery stuff that reminds me of dried brine? Do they put the nuts in salt water to salt them?

What does the IRS say about pistachio farming? Okay, I didn't actually wonder that one. I just came across it while googling all this other stuff.

Go eat some pistachios! (or how about giant cashews?)

No comments: